YES BAKE (low carb) Cheese Cake
We love cheesecake! But can it be made with less sugar? I only added 1 tbsp Stevia sugar for this recipe and honestly it wasn’t sweet enough. After a few slices I finally got used to the flavor and decided that it wasn’t _that_ bad, especially when topped with delicious blueberry jam. Still, for next time, I would consider adding a bit more sugar, as most recipes use up to 1 cup of sugar (!!). Also, I substituted 1/2 the cream cheese with mascarpone cheese for more fat content. Next time I will try to make sour cream : cream cheese 1:2.
🥨 3/4 cup almond flour/ground almonds
🥨 1 tbsp low carb sugar
🥨 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
🥨 2.5 tbsp butter, melted
🥨 pinch of salt 🧀 ~ 230 gr cream cheese (Philadelphia)
🧀 ~ 230 gr mascarpone cheese
🧀 ~ 230 gr sour cream
🧀 2 small eggs
🧀 1 tsp vanilla extract
🧀 1 tsp lemon extract
🧀 1 tbsp (better more) sugar substitute
Combine 🥨 and press into the base of a pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
1. Make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature. I mixed all ingredients with an electric mixer, always on low speed.
2. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, then add the mascarpone and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the sugar substitute and beat until well-mixed.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix properly after each addition, then add the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
5. Mix in the sour cream and beat until incorporated.
6. Spread the creem cheese mixture over the crust.
7. Add water on the oven tray and place the pan inside the water. This is to ensure the oven stays humid. Bake at 170C for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the top has browned while the center is still jiggly.
8. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour before removing it from the oven. After, allow cheesecake to cool down completely.
9. Chill for at least 12 hours before serving (I couldn’t help myself and tried the batter when it was still warm. Believe me when I say it’s best served cold)
7. Serve with chocolate sauce or (home-made) jam 😍