I would say that this dish is a jewel, and to be honest, the star of this dish is the bolognese sauce I used. It really tastes good.
1 eggplant, sliced thin horizontally
2 zucchini, sliced thin horizontally
200 gr minced meat (I used pork + beef)
2 carrots, grated
1 tomato, sliced (without the middle)
1 pack mozzarella cheese
5 slices cheese that can be melted
1 cup cooking cream
1 bolognese sauce
1 onion, diced
Salt, pepper, Italian herbs as needed
1. Cover the base of Pyrex tray with olive oil.
2. Add a layer of eggplant until the base is fully covered.
3. Add a thin layer of bolognese sauce.
4. Add a layer of zucchini.
5. Add a thin layer of cooking cream.
6. Add a thick layer of grated carrots then sprinkle with cooking cream.
7. Add another layer of zucchini.
8. Add a thin layer of bolognese sauce.
9. Add a layer of the meltable cheese.
10. In a pan, fry minced meat with pepper until brownish and add the rest of the bolognese sauce. Place it on the meltable cheese in the Pyrex tray.
11. Add the rest of the cooking cream, sprinkle Italian herbs, and bake at 150C for 30 – 45 minutes.
12. After everything is cooked (make sure the eggplant is tender), sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake until mozzarella has melted.