Vegetarian sapo tahu
Since it’s vegetarian, I used eggless tofu and mushroom sauce instead of oyster sauce. I also didn’t add an egg in the end. I boiled the bok choy in the same pot of water later on used as soup. Nothing is wasted 🙂
🥘 2 tofu, sliced and fried
🥘 2 big bok choy, sliced and boiled
🥘 1 sachet enokitake
🥘 450 gr regular mushroom, halved/quartered
🥘 3 carrots, diced
🥘 1 spring onion
🥘 1 onion, sliced
🥘 3 garlic, minced
🥘 7 cm ginger, minced
🥘 3-4 tbsp mushroom sauce
🥘 Pepper to taste
🥘 1 tsp maizena dissolved in water (room temperature)
🥘 vegetarian dumplings
1. In a pot, saute onion in olive oil for a while then add minced garlic and ginger. Saute a bit longer and add a little water.
2. Add the regular mushrooms, cover with lid, and simmer until half cooked.
3. Add the carrots, more water, and allow to simmer for a while.
4. Add 3 tbsp mushroom sauce (and more water if necessary) and add part of the spring onion, and enokitake. Allow to shrink.
5. Add maizena liquid to thicken the soup (stir when pouring). Adjust flavour, serve with fried tofu, dumplings and bok choy.