This is my first time experimenting with protein pasta – I had no idea what it would taste like. I had a few vegetables that needed to be used in the fridge, so I thought about throwing them all in. My problem was that I didn’t have enough sauce (I only bought 1 tomato pack) and it didn’t taste as flavorful as I hoped it would be. The dish turned out good! However, for next time, this dish would need a “crown jewel” or “star of the show” – something that stands out. I would consider adding more meat as 200 gr was apparently not enough for this dish.
🍝 200 gr protein pasta (I used black bean)
🍝 200 gr minced meat (I used beef + pork)
🍝 250 gr broccoli, cut in florets
🍝 6 asparagus, cut 3 cm length
🍝 1 small eggplant, sliced in long blocks
🍝 Cheese of choice (I used smoked cheese)
🍝 1 mozarella
🍝 A few black olives, sliced
🍝 1 onion, diced
🍝 3 garlic, grated
🍝 300 gr tomato puree of choice (I used +herbs)
🍝 Salt and pepper
1. Roll minced meat (+pepper) in small balls and fry until darkened, set aside.
2. Saute onion and asparagus until translucent, set aside.
3. Cook spaghetti as written on package, add olive oil and set aside.
4. Boil broccoli and eggplant, set aside.
5. In a pan, saute garlic until fragrant and add the tomato sauce. Add all other ingredients (except for the spaghetti) and boil until well mixed.
6. Mix together with spaghetti and mozzarella and place in a Pyrex tray. Add any seasoning according to taste. I added salt, pepper, and mixed herbs.
7. Place in oven and bake on 200C for a couple of minutes.
8. Place the cheese and olives on top and bake until the cheese melted.
9. Serve warm.