The best chocolate cake.
Ever. My first attempt in making a chocolate cake! I used less sugar for the cake than recommended. If you prefer your cake on the sweet side, add 100 gr sugar instead!
🥧 4 eggs
🥧 60 gr sugar
🥧 200 gr butter, melted
🥧 100 gr (cooking) dark chocolate, melted
🥧 4 tbsp flour
🥧 5 gr baking powder
🥧 400 ml 35% cream
🥧 100 gr dark chocolate
🥧 2 tbsp cacao powder
🥧 1 tbsp sugar
🥧 Agar powder as recommended
1. Whip egg-white until fluffy, set aside.
2. Whip egg-yellow with sugar until it changes color from orange to light yellow, then gradually add melted chocolate, melted butter, flour, and baking powder.
3. Fold in the egg-white until incorporated.
4. Butter and flour the baking pan and pour batter about 7-10 mm high (or 20x35cm pan). Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. The cake will rise. Meanwhile: make the cream!
5. Remove the cake, poke with fork, and pour the warm cream over the warm base. Keep in the fridge until it cools down.
Heat all ingredients until incorporated. Remember to continue stirring.