Onion and leek soup.
I warn thee.. your house will smell like onion! But oh it’s good.
🧅 4 red onions, chopped
🧅 3 white onions, chopped
🧅 6 cloves garlic, minced
🧅 2 leek, sliced
🧅 2 tbsp unsalted butter
🧅 Generous amount of olive oil
🧅 1 good handful of fresh sage leaves
🧅 1L broth
🧅 12 slices baguette
🧅 Grated cheese and butter
1. In a pot, add butter, olive oil and sage leaves (reserve some for the bread). Stir and add garlic, onions and leek. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Cover the pot, leaving it slightly ajar, and cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove lid and cook and stir for another 20 minutes.
4. Add the broth, bring to boil, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile: spread butter on bread, add a generous amount of grated cheese, put a sage leaf on top, and bake until crispy.
5. Adjust soup flavour and serve.