One pot chicken rice
Hopefully one of the images does this dish justice.
🍳 500 gr chicken breast
🍳 in a bowl: 2 tsp smoked paprika + 2 tsp cumin + 1 tsp chili powder + 2 tsp salt + 2 tsp ground pepper
🍳 2 onions, diced
🍳 1 paprika, diced
🍳 4 garlic cloves, minced
🍳 1 cup quinoa + rice of choice
🍳 200 ml tomato puree
🍳 3 small tomatoes, diced
🍳 1/2 cup warm water + 1/4 broth block
🍳 1 cup frozen pea+carrot+corn
🍳 1/2 cup shredded cheese
🍳 garnish: greens, sliced avocado, lime wedges
1. Pat dry the chiken breast and season with spice blend.
2. Heat your pan and saute chicken breast with oil and butter, place on a plate.
3. Add onions, red pepper and saute until fragrant, then add garlic and rice+quinoa. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add tomato puree diced tomatoes and broth, stir, and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid, add the frozen vegetables, and cook until all water evaporated.
5. Place chicken on top of the rice blend, sprinkle the cheese, then cover to melt the cheese.
6. Garnish and enjoy.