NO BAKE Cheese Cake
A few days after the YES BAKE cheesecake I wanted to try making a NO BAKE cheesecake. This recipe was… interesting. Again, it needed some getting used to. I’m still gonna post it because it wasn’t _that_ bad. It took some time in the fridge for the cheesecake to firm. Again, I probably should not have substituted the cream cheese with mascarpone 😅
🥨 3/4 cup almond flour/ground almonds
🥨 1 tbsp low carb sugar
🥨 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
🥨 2.5 tbsp butter, melted
🥨 pinch of salt
🧀 ~ 250 gr mascarpone cheese
🧀 ~ 175 ml heavy cream
🧀 ~ 375 gr sour cream 🧀 1 tsp vanilla extract
🧀 2 tsp lemon extract
🧀 2-3 tbsp Stevia
🧀 Matcha powder
Combine 🥨 and press into the base of a pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
1. Make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature. I mixed all ingredients with an electric mixer.
2. Beat the mascarpone until light and fluffy on low speed, then gradually mix in the sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom to ensure everything is well-mixed.
3. Add the sour cream and mix well.
4. Pour heavy cream into a separate bowl (preferably a chilled metal bowl) and whisk on high speed until stiff.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the first mixture until smooth and well-combined. I then removed 1/3 of the batter and added matcha powder until desired flavor and color.
6. Spread the mixture evenly over the baked crust and refrigerate overnight.
7. Serve with home-made jam 😁