Mango Sticky Rice
Missing this so tried to remake it 🙂
I love this because I can make it less sweet! 🥰
🥭 1 cup glutinous rice
🥭 1 cup coconut milk
🥭 1 tbsp sugar
🥭 1/4 tsp salt
🥭 3 pandan leaves
🥭 Ripe mangoes
1. Rise the glutinous rice until water is quite clear and soak for >3 hours (or overnight!)
2. Drain the rice and place it on a steaming basket, add pandan leaves, and steam (covered) as written on the package or until rice is thoroughly cooked and sticky.
3. While the rice is steaming, make the coconut sauce: in a pan, add sugar, salt and coconut milk and heat until everything is dissolved.
4. When rice is cooked, place it in a bowl and mix in half the coconut mixture. Let it absorb for a few minutes.
5. To serve: slice the mango and place it on top, and drizzle more coconut sauce over the rice.