I used red + black lentils and blend it together with the rest, but this time I blended all other ingredients first before pouring in the lentils, to retain the lentils’ shape.
🥔 1 cup dry black + red lentils (half and half, yields 2 cups after overnight soaking)
🥔 1 small potato, diced
🥔 2 small carrots, diced
🥔 1 medium onion, diced
🥔 3 tbsp butter
🥔 3 cherry tomatoes
🥔 4 cups boiling water
🥔 3/4 block chicken broth
🥔 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (curcuma)
🥔 1/2 tbsp curry powder
🥔 Salt and pepper, to taste
🥔 Garnish: lemon, parsley, Olive oil
1. Saute onion and carrots in butter until the onion is golden.
2. Add the potato and tomatoes, saute a little bit longer.
3. Add boiling water, broth block, and turmeric. Simmer for a few minutes and blend using a hand mixer.
4. Add the lentils and simmer until cooked.
5. Make adjustments to the flavour (salt, pepper) and serve with a dash of oil 🙂