Is it the weekend yet?
Lemon plum Dutch baby (German pancake) with browned butter and agave whipped quark!
🇪🇦⬇️ Receta en español en los comentarios! 🍯🍰
A Dutch baby is basically a giant pancake that’s baked in a skillet. I don’t have an oven skilled so I’m using a cake form, and it does the work! Enjoy for breakfast or brunch, topped with more plums, butter, lemon sugar, and agave syrup.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 lemon zest
4 tbsp butter, at room temperature
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup milk, at room temperature
2/3 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of fresh plums
250 ml quark (I used lactose-free)
Agave syrup for topping.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. With the cake form inside!
2. In a bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Toss half of the sliced plums with 2 tbsp of the lemon sugar. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla, and 2 tbsp melted butter until the batter is smooth. About 1 min.
4. Brown the butter over medium heat, about 3 – 4 min. Take the cake form from the oven, pour the browned butter and the batter. Arrange some sliced plums over the batter, then sprinkle with 1 tsp lemon sugar. Place the form in the center of the oven and bake for 15 min. Or until pancake is browned on top and fluffy.
5. While the 🥞 is in the oven, whip the quark with 1 tbsp agave syrup until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla, and combine well. It can be storge in the fridge for up to 3 days.
6. Serve the pancake with more plums, lemon sugar, and quark cream!