Hungarian mushroom soup
I could have done better with the image but it was cloudy and I was hungry 😌
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
🍄 500 gr button mushrooms, sliced
🍄 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp oil
🍄 1 white onion, diced
🍄 2 cloves garlic, grated
🍄 2 tbsp Paprika poweder
🍄 1/4 lemon juice
🍄 2 tbsp all purpose flour.
🍄 1.5 cup water (or broth)
🍄 1 cup heavy cream
🍄 Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onion in butter and oil until fragrant, then add garlic and saute longer.
2. Add the mushrooms and salt and cook until soft.
3. Add paprika powder and flour and cook for another minute, then add water (or broth) and bring to a simmer.
4. Add cream and lemon juice, stir and adjust flavor.
5. Serve with lemon zest or parsley.