Home Made “Nutella”
I have perfected the recipe now. Consistency is perfect!!
Did you know that the oh-so-delicious Nutella contains 56% sugar (more than half!!), 15% palm oil, and only 13% hazelnuts and 7% cacao?
Here is a chocolate spread that contains 55% hazelnut, 13% cacao, and only appx 0.05% sugar.
🌰 Hazelnut, peeled 1.5 cup – 150 gr
🌰 Cashews 0.5 cup – 75 gr
🌰 Coconut sugar 1/8 cup – 25 gr
🌰 Cocoa powder 2 tbsp
🌰 Coconut oil 2 tbsp
🌰 Dark chocolate 50 gr
🌰 Salt 1/4 tsp
1. If your hazelnuts are not peeled: bake hazelnuts at 175C for about 15-25 minutes or until the skin has darkened and starts to peel off. Stir every 5 minutes to even the heat. Then, remove the peels by placing them in a mason jar and shaking it vigorously. It doesn’t need to be super perfect.
2. Blend coconut sugar in a blender until it becomes a fine powder. The finer the powder, the smoother the chocolate.
3. Place the peeled hazelnuts and the cashews in a food processor and process until nut butter is produced. It took me about 10 minutes. The mix will look oily and sleek with a shiny surface. Check the video on post!
4. Melt chocolate bar and coconut oil in the microwave.
5. Add all other ingredients in the food processor and blend another 5 minutes or until smooth.
6. Place the mixture in a clean airtight container
9. Let cool and store in fridge.