Who doesn’t love Bounty? My partner and I love Bounty but the Bounty in the market contains so much sugar! 1 serving contains at least 28 gr of sugar. 😣
Therefore, I decided to make some myself. Just like all my other recipes, this one is also good 😁
🥥 1.5 cup shredded coconut. I got one with very tiny shreds. If you have the big one you can “crush” it in a blender. Not too soft though. Just “Bounty” consistency
🥥 1/2 cup coconut milk
🥥 2 tbsp coconut oil
🥥 1 tsp vanilla extract
🥥 1 tbsp honey
🥥 Dark chocolate (80%)
🥥 1/2 cup chocolate chips
🥥 Cacao powder for topping
1. Mix the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract with half of the coconut milk and add it to the shredded coconut.
2. Slowly add the rest of the coconut milk until the consistency feels just right – not too wet and not too dry.
3. Shape in bars, squeeze firmly, and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
4. When the bars are frozen, melt the dark chocolate and chocolate chips in a microwave.
5. Carefully coat the frozen coconut bars with the melted chocolate and set aside. Sprinkle some cacao powder on top. OR… Store in fridge until the chocolate solidifies and then sprinkle some more melted chocolate on it.
6. Store in fridge.