Hake fish fillet with spinach
Maybe one of my best recipes.
🐟 4x 100 gr hake fish fillet (mine was kinda preseasoned with rosemary and Olive oil)
🐟 2 tbsp butter
🐟 3 large handful fresh spinach
🐟 1 lemon
🐟 1/3 cup cooking cream
🐟 Parmesan cheese
🐟 salt, pepper, mixed herbs
1. Thaw the fish and remove excess water. Season with salt, pepper and lemon.
2. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan over medium heat and grill the fish.
3. The fish will eventually release excess water. Remove the water and store for later use, add another tbsp of butter, and grill the fish a bit longer.
4. Place the fish in a pyrex oven tray and grate Parmesan on top. Bake at 100C until the cheese melts.
5. Add the excess fish water into the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach, salt, pepper, mixed herbs, and cook until the water evaporated. If using frozen spinach, drain excess water before placing it into the pan. When the water is almost gone, add the cooking cream as necessary.
6. Plate with lemon on the side.