Carbonara – authentic 💛
First image: my Carbonara, with the eggs a little overcooked 🤭
Next pictures: Carbonara by my Italian amica e amico the right way!
(smoked) bacon or guanciale
Pasta of choice
1 egg/100 gr pasta
1. Add smoked bacon or guanciale on a cold non-stick pan. Allow to slowly heat and release fat. You can also add a generous amount of ground black pepper.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente.
3. Mix eggs with a generous amount of grated Parmigiano and pepper.
4. When the pasta is almost ready, drain pasta and add to the pan with bacon. Mix and add some pasta water to stop the sizzling.
5. Remove pan from heat and add the egg mixture. Mix for 30 seconds and place pasta in a bowl to stop the cooking process. Serve with more grated Parmigiano and pepper.