Brown Bean Brownie
Yessss!! Who would have thought it would work out? Brought this to a family gathering and no one believed this was made with beans! I drizzled some caramel on top after this picture was taken though, because I was worried it was not sweet enough. In the end it wasn’t really necessary, though it was good nonetheless.
🧁 1.5 cup brown beans (appx 255gr after draining)
🧁 1/2 cup (quick) oats – 40 gr
🧁 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
🧁 1/4 tsp salt
🧁 50 gr honey
🧁 40 gr coconut oil
🧁 2 tsp vanilla extract
🧁 1/2 tsp baking powder
🍫 1/2 cup chocolate chips/grated dark chocolate
🍫 Sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Combine 🧁 in a good food processor until smooth. Taste for sweetness. We eat very little sugar so this is good enough for us. The recommended recipe is about 80 gr honey.
3. Place baking paper on a 20×20 cm tray.
4. Add half batter to tray, sprinkle dark chocolate chips/grated chocolate, and add the rest of the batter on top.
5. Add more chocolate chips or any topping you want!
6. Bake for 17 minutes.
7. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving. If it is too fudgy, store in fridge overnight before serving.
8. I added caramel on top after. No picture unfortunately.