Brain Nut Brownies.
This Brownie is by far the BEST BROWNIE I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you have the energy to make just ONE brownie, then this is definitely the brownie to make. IT. IS. THAT. GOOD! You can see how much I love them from the amount of pictures I took lol!
My partner found a bunch of walnuts in the “cellar”. We estimated that those walnuts have been in that cellar for approximately 5 years! I wanted to throw them away (come on, 5 years!) but he said “No! Make brownies or something.”
And it got me thinking… 💭
🌰 2 + 3/4 cup raw walnuts
🌰 3/4 cup raw hazelnuts, peeled
🌰 1 tbsp honey
🌰 2 eggs
🌰 1 tsp vanilla extract
🌰 1/3 cup cacao powder
🌰 1/3 cup coconut sugar
🌰 2 tbsp coconut flour
🌰 1/2 tsp baking soda
🌰 1/4 tsp salt
To fold in
🍫 1/3 cup chocolate chips
🍫 1 tbsp chia seeds
▪️2 tbsp chopped walnuts
▪️2 tbsp chocolate chips
Walnut: the walnuts I had were whole walnuts. They were peeled and soaked overnight in water to remove any traces of tannin. They were then placed in the oven for 10 minutes (175C)
Hazelnut: I bought them baked and peeled because it just takes too much energy to do it myself.
0. Preheat oven to 175C
1. Place both nuts in a food processor and blend until you get nut butter. This process can take between 5-15 minutes depending on your food processor.
2. Slowly add in all other 🌰 ingredients.
3. Once the “dough” is made (you can see what it looks like in the video I posted), fold in the chia seeds and chocolate chips.
4. Place on a baking tray that is lined with baking paper.
5. Sprinkle the topping (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips).
6. Bake for 27-30 minutes
Let cool and serve.
PS: high healthy calories (nut butter)!