Who would have thought these are so easy to make 🤩
🍜 250 gr minced beef
🍜 350 gr minced pork
🍜 1 egg white
🍜 4 tbsp sago flour
🍜 2 tbsp fried shallot
🍜 2 tsp garlic powder (or fried garlic)
🍜 2 tsp salt
🍜 1 tsp sugar
🍜 1 tsp pepper
🍜 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
🥚 4 boiled eggs, 6 blocks cheese (1.5 cm³)
1. Pulse fried shallot (and fried garlic when using) in a food processor and pulse.
2. Add meat, pulse, then add all other 🍜 ingredients and pulse. Mixture should be cool. Store in fridge.
3. Hard-boil 4 eggs, peel, set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil, then bring down to a simmer.
5. Shape your meatballs:
a. Only meat
b. Egg in the middle
c. Cheese block in the middle
Tip: google how to make “bakso” to make balls easier.
6. Place each shaped meatball into the simmering water and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
7. To serve: we didn’t have rice noodle so I used pasta. Worked fine. I mixed the broth with my home-made chicken broth.
8. Garnish: parsley, fried shallot, chilli sauce if you like spicy.