A happy jar of Nastar
A slightly different recipe from the previous one, but evenly delicious!
🧈 250 gr all purpose flour
🧈 100 gr maizena
🧈 250 gr butter (room temperature)
🧈 110 gr milk powder
🧈 80 gr sugar
🧈 2 egg yolk
🍍 1 pineapple, grated
🍍 2 tbsp sugar
🍍 5 cloves
🍍 1 tbsp butter
🍯 3 egg yolk
🍯 1 tbsp condensed milk
🍯 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pineapple jam: strain the grated pineapple (you can drink the juice), add the cloves and sugar, then heat in a pan until dry and golden. Add 1 tbsp butter, stir a bit, then set aside to cool.
2. Mix 🧈 until well incorporated. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Make small balls: dough 5 grams each, pineapple jam about 1-2 cm in diameter each.
4. Flatten the dough on your palm, place the pineapple ball inside, then fold and shape into a ball.
5. Bake at 150C for 30-35 minutes.
6. Take out from oven, smear with eggwash twice (so it’s thick), then sprinkle some grated cheese on top. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden.
7. Allow to cool before serving.